BRBC is in the process of putting together a basic road cycling clinic that will be held on Saturdays in April. Our target audience is for those who:
- Have a new road bike and are intimidated by riding on the open road.
- Would like to ride in a group but lack the experience and knowledge.
- Would like to learn more about the bike and safety issues.
TOPICS WILL BE –
- Bike safety & inspection
- Rules of the road
- Rider etiquette
- Pace line riding
- Bike fit
- How to change a flat tire
- Chain maintenance
- What to carry in your saddle bag
- Clothing, pedals, shoes, helmet fit, saddles
- Lights, front and rear
- Nutrition and hydrating
- Riding flats vs. hills, gearing
- BRBC rides, other rides
- Local race teams & cyclocross
- Publications of interest
Details and registration will be in March.